- Rebellion against God spreads - murder (Gen 4)
- Death now comes to all (Gen 5).
- Sin leads to judgment
- Sin is thought before it is deed.
- Sin grieves God.
- Sin moves God to judgment
- God’s judgment is on the whole creation.
- Grace leads to rescue
- Salvation is from God’s judgment on sin.
- Salvation is God’s initiative
- Salvation depends on a right response.
- Salvation is for a new beginning
- But the problem remains
- We can’t fix the world.
- A warning issued – be ready.
- What stood out to you today concerning sin and judgment?
- What did you find noteworthy about God’s grace and rescue?
“Was this an Act of God? Christian reflections upon the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami”, Rev Richard Coekin.
“How Long O Lord?”, Don Carson.
“If I were God, I’d end all the pain” (Struggling with evil, suffering and faith), John Dickson.
Next week: Turning Point – Genesis 12 & 15