Spiritual Health: Abstinence
Spiritual Health – Abstinence
2 Peter 1:3-8
- The purpose of the disciplines of abstinence
Good desires become unhealthy desires when they master us
What good gifts of God am I inclined to depend on in an unhealthy way?
- The practice of the disciplines of abstinence (Fasting)
So how does fasting benefit us spiritually?
- Fasting reveals our true self
- Fasting and prayer
- Fasting strengths spiritual stamina and general self-discipline
- Fasting and gratitude to God
- Fasting recalibrates our posture to others/the world
- Sustenance from God.
The Common Rule. Habits of purpose for an age of distraction. Justin W Earley.
The Spirit of the Disciplines. Understanding how God changes lives. Dallas Willard. (Ch 9)
Next week Luke 18:1-14
Categories | James Nodder | Spiritual Health
Filetype: MP4 - Size: 101.06MB - Duration: 27:07 m