Spiritual Health — Sabbath
- Theology of Sabbath
- Celebrating God’s goodness in Creation (Exodus 16)
- Three principles of the Sabbath (Exodus 16:23)
- God’s ‘rest’ – delight in what he has made (Exodus 20:11)
- Celebrating and anticipating God’s goodness in Redemption (Deuteronomy 5:12-15).
- God calls us to rest and enjoy the liberation he brings.
- God’s promised Sabbath rest is ultimately in the new creation (Hebrews 4:8-9)
- Practice of Sabbath
Sabbath. Dan Allender
The ruthless elimination of hurry. John Mark Comer.
The doctrine of the Christian life. John Frame. (Ch 28-30)
Sacred Rhythms. Ruth Haley Barton. Ch 8.
Next week – Luke 12:35-48